Adult Sunday School exists for the purpose of teaching the Word of God in such a way that we make and train disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ to obey all that he has commanded by equipping them with an in-depth knowledge of His Word, a thorough understanding of its demands, and practical instruction in applying His Word to daily life. In other words, the purpose of Christian education is to make disciples of Christ – people who love, follow, and obey the Master (John 14:15; James 1:22-25). What a great incentive to find the rich treasures of growing in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior!
These small groups are also a place of connection and ministry among the people of God. The connection results in assimilation and genuine fellowship. Mutual ministry aids in carrying out the “one another” pleas of the Scripture.
Therefore, Adult Sunday School aligns with Grace Place’s mission of helping it’s people in knowing the grace of God in a saving way; growing in the grace of God in a maturing way; and showing the grace of God in a ministering way.
Sundays – 9:30 AM Bible Study:
- Nearly & Newly Married Class – Those about to be married or newly married. (Mark and Susan Buck)
- The Joint Ventures Class – Those married to about thirty. The early days of entering into a joint venture with each other and the Lord through early childhood (family founding). (Adam & Casey Shupe)
- The Ignite Class – Those with young children through the elementary years. Those with an ignited passion for the Lord Jesus who attempt to join Him in igniting their young lives for His glory. (Brady and Trish Brewer)
- The Pathfinders Class – Those with Junior High and High School children. These are the years where they are attempting to guide their sons and daughters toward the Lord’s path for their life mission. (Bill & Leslie Callaway)
- The Threshold Class – Those on the verge of releasing their sons and daughters to college or the work world. Or, they have just recently released them. (Benny & Pam Green)
- The Influencers Class – Those who are mostly at the empty nest stage, they are now more in the role of influencing the lives of their children/grandchildren and others. (Brian & Peggy Emerson)
- The Adventurers Class – These are people who tend to have more liberty with their time, talents, and treasure to pursue a great adventure with the Lord. They may be approaching or are at the retirement years. (Dalton & Veda Griffin)
- The Legacy Builders Class – These are people whose wisdom and experience is a treasure. They are marking the lives of others and producing what will one day be a legacy that calls others to a life well lived for Christ Jesus. (Darrell & Patti Coley)
- The Women of Grace Class – This class is for women only. (Justine McManus)
- The Men of Grace Class – This class is for men only. (Richard Brown)
- College Class – (Gerald and Christy Combs)
- The Young Women’s Class